Pattern Review ActiveWear Contest

 Contest Entries
Contest Entries

Since I like to sew activewear for myself, I decided to enter the PatternReview Activewear Contest! Yay.

I made two versions of the Style Arc Monica -
One longer with the knee accents, using an amazing plaid nylon spandex from Califabrics.com
Front View
On this version, I extended the waist at the yoke and front, then serged on the elastic, turned it down and stitched. I prefer it for running, feels more secure.

Side View
Rear view, with Ringo photobomb. "I heard we were taking pictures of our butts outside?"
Action shot! Yoga view.
Crotch gusset!
And one knee-length with another amazing nylon-spandex from Spandex House (I call them my Matrix pants and I love them!)
Front View
Rear View!
Side view
KETTLEBELL VIEW!

I also made an activewear version of the Papercut Patterns Ooh La Leggings, with some more nylon-spandex from Spandex House ("magma"!)
Front view
Side View
Booty view
YOGA VIEW! Triangle pose approved.
I prefer the Ooh La Leggings for yoga - I don't like the high-waist style for running, but its ok for yoga and I wore these to play tennis in. The StyleArc Monica is my preferred activewear pants pattern, for now.

I think this was a great PR contest. Even if you don't win, you've got some workout clothes, and you can't just park it at the sewing machine all day! Work it out in style :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!