AGU dress - Vogue 9668

20,000 geologists descend on SF for an annual conference, and I was presenting a poster, so I needed to look cute since I'd be standing in front of a poster for 4+ hours. I decided to make Vogue 9668 in a red wool from Fabric Outlet SF.


There are many versions of this online, many in red, and they always look better than the envelope.  Its out of print, so I had to buy the smallest version, and make a few tweaks - mainly, let it out around my ribs. Maybe I have an extra mcRib? But it fits my bust, waist, hips, but snug right below my bra! So I basically added a couple of inches to the CB and then pinned it before I sewed the zip in.  (Its not just this pattern - I'd just made a Cambie and had to do the same, and Sewaholic always fits me perfect! Hmm)

I loved the lining and kind of wished it weren't hidden! And yes, I sew in my kitchen.
But it turned out great! I didn't follow the instructions too much, I'd just made a Cambie and basically assembled it the same way. I did not interface the bodice (but did interface the midriff), and I stabilized the neckline with organza and added a seam binding waist stay.
Ready to talk volcanoes in my red dress and lacy tights!

All in all, I loved the dress. It is super flattering, comfortable, and most importantly I felt great wearing it!



Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!