Vogue 8825 Kimono/Wrap Dress

I've had this pattern in my stash for a while, and this fabric sitting around since April, and finally decided to sew it!!
I cut a size 8, since I was using a 4-way stretch poly-lycra jersey.  The only change to the pattern was to interface the cuffs so they stood up a little more. I never understand putting pleats and darts in 4-way stretch jersey, but I sewed them in anyway. I took a few inches off the length because I'm petite and its a bold print and didn't want it to overwhelm me.
I love the bodice.  I love wrap dresses but hate feeling like I'm going to fall out of the front of them. This has nice secure coverage in front!! 

I tried to be careful with cutting to make sure I didn't have flowers in odd places, but ended up with two blue blooms on my butt.

I love the colors in this! I don't know if its still available at Mood...




This was easy to assemble, I didn't make any fitting adjustments other than the length.  Oh, and I used a lot less fabric than it called for, which happens often with the Big 4 Patterns.   I maybe feel like a Golden Girl with the print, but I've decided I don't care.  I think I'll make another in a solid.





Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!