Sewaholic Pendrell - two versions

I wasn't sure about the Sewaholic Pendrell blouse, I thought it might be to 'girly' for my taste, with the ruffles. But it looked so great on everyone I decided to try it.


I have three cousins who live in Pennsylvania, 17-21, and they're about my size, so I occasionally use them as pattern testers in the sense that I send them my wearable muslins! (I also get rid of leftover fabric by making them tank tops and tees with my large scraps). So I decided to try out version B as a wearable muslin for my cousin.
I cut a size 6, which is what I wore in the Renfrew and Lonsdale and they fit perfectly (posts coming soon. I have to catch up with all the things I made this year!)  I use a cute cotton/lycra jersey from Mood fabrics (only $8/yard and I believe I bought it during a 20% off sale).
My cousin can pull of neutrals/peachy colors that I cannot.


The construction was simple and the instructions were excellent. Takes a little longer than your average top because of all the ruffles, but it was not difficult.  I really liked it in a cotton jersey because its casual like a t-shirt but has a little something extra. 

I really loved the ruffles! I surprise myself sometimes....


The only note I had was that the 6 was much too big! Its fine for something casual, but I was surprised at how roomy it was. I also cut a few inches off of the bottom because I knew she wouldn't wear it tucked in (it is also very long! I'm only 5'4", and it was almost a tunic on me).  

I made it again a few weeks later, for myself, version A this time and in a size 2.  I had bought a yard of
this green snakeskin jersey from Gorgeous Fabrics without any specific plans for it (I couldn't help it! I love green, and I love animal print.....)

I decided to use it for the Pendrell, but those sleeves on version A are fabric hogs, so I couldn't squeeze the entire top out of 1 yard, so I used a black cotton/rayon/lycra blend (from Mood, I believe) to do the side panels. I was happy with the results! 
In progress shot.

hiss!

My photographer spent the summer working in Alaska, and the cats don't have opposable thumbs to work the camera, so sometimes this is all I got!


The size 2 fit perfectly, I still lopped off some length but left it where I could tuck it in or wear it out.   I plan to make more of these for spring/summer 2014.







Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!