Sewaholic Pendrell - two versions
I wasn't sure about the Sewaholic Pendrell blouse, I thought it might be to 'girly' for my taste, with the ruffles. But it looked so great on everyone I decided to try it.
I have three cousins who live in Pennsylvania, 17-21, and they're about my size, so I occasionally use them as pattern testers in the sense that I send them my wearable muslins! (I also get rid of leftover fabric by making them tank tops and tees with my large scraps). So I decided to try out version B as a wearable muslin for my cousin.
I cut a size 6, which is what I wore in the Renfrew and Lonsdale and they fit perfectly (posts coming soon. I have to catch up with all the things I made this year!) I use a cute cotton/lycra jersey from Mood fabrics (only $8/yard and I believe I bought it during a 20% off sale).
|My cousin can pull of neutrals/peachy colors that I cannot.|
The construction was simple and the instructions were excellent. Takes a little longer than your average top because of all the ruffles, but it was not difficult. I really liked it in a cotton jersey because its casual like a t-shirt but has a little something extra.
|I really loved the ruffles! I surprise myself sometimes....|
The only note I had was that the 6 was much too big! Its fine for something casual, but I was surprised at how roomy it was. I also cut a few inches off of the bottom because I knew she wouldn't wear it tucked in (it is also very long! I'm only 5'4", and it was almost a tunic on me).
I made it again a few weeks later, for myself, version A this time and in a size 2. I had bought a yard of
this green snakeskin jersey from Gorgeous Fabrics without any specific plans for it (I couldn't help it! I love green, and I love animal print.....)
I decided to use it for the Pendrell, but those sleeves on version A are fabric hogs, so I couldn't squeeze the entire top out of 1 yard, so I used a black cotton/rayon/lycra blend (from Mood, I believe) to do the side panels. I was happy with the results!
|In progress shot.|