StyleArc Rowe's Tunic and Slip-On Suzie, Summer 2013

This past summer I tried out two StyleArc dress patterns, the Rowe's Tunic and the Slip-On Suzie. First, the tunic dress. I wanted a kind of casual tshirt dress, so I went with this one:
Easy! Raglan! Colorblock it!

I ordered a size 8, but I'm more like a 10-12 on the bottom, so this could be interesting. My main fabric was a green jersey from Mood.
"Bold Geometric Cotton Jersey". Yes, it is indeed bold. But I love green!!

I bought it, didn't have specific plans for it, then thought this dress might be a good way to show off the pattern and I kind of liked how the curves matched a body shape. Black sleeves and a little white accent because it wasn't crazy enough as it was. It was really simple to assemble, its basically a tshirt. I measured the flat pattern and just sort of added about 1/2" to the hips when i cut it out, and it fit.  Here are some pics:
A crappy pic of the back.

On this particular day we were headed to SF. As nutty as this looks, I got a compliment ("what a cute dress") and something I'll take as a compliment ("that dress is wild, girl").  It's comfy, and ridiculous, and I like it a lot. 

Now the Slip-On Suzie - a pseudo-wrap dress. I bought the size 8 again.
I love a wrap dress

I used a multi-color polka dot jersey from Gorgeous fabrics. I did the same adjustment to the hip area - added about a 1/2".  It was pretty simple to construct, and it was warm so I decided to leave it sleeveless for some reason. Behold:
After these were taken, i shortened it a few inches. I came below the knee and stumpified me. I also added a grosgrain ribbon, tacked it on at the waist and I wear it 'belted', its more flattering. I'm not sure why there is that pulling across the torso....Anyway, I think it might work better in a stretchier, drapier fabric. Maybe that's the source of the pulling, because I didn't have any issues constructing it (none that I know of!) It's cute, I've worn it a few times and I like it. Its a little low cut in front, but not indecent. I will probably make it again, with sleeves!

Popular posts from this blog

A Carhartt-inspired jacket : (modified) McCalls 7638

Carhartt Canvas

Boss Blazer - Pagoda Shoulder Jasika!